Hey guys! Merry Christmas starts early in the world of Hallmark movies- even before Halloween! I thought it would be fun to give you, my lovely readers, quick mini reviews … Continue reading Hallmark Christmas Week 1 Reviews
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know about a new podcast I’ve become very engrossed in. In August my friend Amber and I decided to start a new … Continue reading Hallmarkies Podcast Happiness
Each week I try to celebrate things I believe are winners. This is an effort to be positive and focus on the many good things out there to enjoy!
This week’s winners are:
- Utah Bands- For this week’s Friday 5 over on my youtube channel the topic was bands from you hometown so I picked 5 bands/groups from Utah! This proved to be really fun
- Murder on the Orient Express- I finished reading the classic mystery novel by Agatha Christie this week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She does such a good job building characters and giving clues. I really like Poirot almost as much as Sherlock Holmes. Reading the book made me excited for the upcoming movie directed by Kenneth Branaugh.
- Power Rangers and Smurfs: Lost Village come through- I am always a fan of underdogs and this week I got 2 surprisingly decent films. I enjoyed both The Power Rangers Movie and Smurfs: the Lost Village. Neither is perfect but I was entertained by both. Check out my blog and youtube channel for reviews of both. What are your winners? What books, music, movies or anything else have you been enjoying?
Sorry I haven’t written all week. Any free writing time I’ve had I’ve been spending on Nanowrimo. It’s currently day 19 and I’m at 37,251 words. I know I will … Continue reading Thoughts On Being an Expert
My friend Kyle nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. He’s an awesome fellow animation addict and you guys should totally check out his blog.
This is a fun blog tag where you get to talk about 7 Things About Yourself. Now after blogging for 8 years there isn’t much you guys don’t know about me but hopefully I can remind you of those fun things.
- I write for Rotoscopers.com- I don’t get to talk about it often on this blog but I write fairly regularly for rotoscopers.com which is an animation website. It’s a lot of fun and my writing has improved as I’ve had to write for a professional site. I brought up the idea of doing a Disney Canon Countdown with the other writers and they have embraced it. My last canon post was on The Little Mermaid, which I love so much. I’d love for you to read it. http://www.rotoscopers.com/2016/08/19/disney-canon-countdown-28-the-little-mermaid/I also got the chance to be on the rotoscopers podcast which was amazing!
- I am not voting for Trump- Frequent fans of this blog know I am a strong conservative. I have decided to vote for Evan McMullin an independent candidate. Some say I’m throwing my vote away but I just couldn’t vote for someone like Trump. I thought back on the early history of my faith and when the Saints had nobody they could vote for Joseph Smith ran for President. I figure if it is good enough for them to go third party it is good enough for me! Here’s a little bit more about Evan.
- I recently became a Star Trek fan! Starting in May my friend Tom and I started podcasting about all the Star Trek movies. There are definitely misses in the films (14 including Galaxy Quest) but at its best Star Trek is an engaging and smart series with good sci-fi writing and charismatic performances. I have just started on the TV shows but the movies were a ton of fun to watch.
- I love to swim. This year I finished my 11th open water race. I really need to get back in the pool more than I do but I really do love it.
- I went to Spain this year! I hadn’t been out of the country since 2008 and that was just Mexico. The last time I used my passport was 2005 to Japan, so it was quite the adventure. I went to the beach 13 times! It was a dream for me.
- I work from home as a digital marketing coordinator. Unfortunately I am not full time employed but with my basement apartment rented out I am able to make it all work. In a way it is nice because I have more time to work on my youtube channel and other writing.
- I collect Funko Pop dolls. This is a fairly new collection but I’m having a blast doing it. I currently have 40 in my collection. I’ve gotten 5 since doing this video but it is pretty accurate. What’s fun about the funko pops is the attention to detail and their relatively low cost (under $10).
So now is the point where I am supposed to nominate other people to participate. I nominate Jeremy and Abby, Richard, and my friend over at The Love Pirate. They are all awesome bloggers so check out their blogs.
- Write a blog post accepting your nomination.
- Show the blogger who nominated you how much you love them by thanking them in the post and linking to their blog.
- Tell us seven things about yourself.
- Nominate other blogs that you think are totally rad.
- Let the bloggers you’ve nominated know about they’ve received an award.
- Post the rules again to let those bloggers know how it works.
One of the fun things about being a blogger or youtuber is participating in tags! This is where a list of questions is created and then various people give their answers. I have created a few tags but most successfully with my friend Aly at the Little Librarian we did The Little Mermaid Tag a few months ago.
Now I have created another tag for us to do called The Alice in Wonderland Tag! My friend Emily joined with us and I created 18 questions that use Alice in Wonderland as the catalyst. I recently read Alice in Wonderland for the first time and really loved it. I found it charming, funny and magical. You can read my review of the book here. Also to see my Alice in Wonderland Disney and Burton reviews go here.
Here are all 3 of our videos and I will put the questions below. If any of you want to participate please do and let me know what the links are so I can promote them. Have fun going down the rabbit hole!
1. Wonderland- What is your favorite fantasy land in movies or books?
2. White Rabbit- What’s something you were late to checking out that others raved about? And one you still haven’t watched/read others love?
3. Cheshire Cat- Who is an actor or actress that you think has a great smile?
4. Mad Hatter- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? (Keep it clean!)
5. Tea Party- What’s your favorite kind of tea or hot drink?
6. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum- What’s your favorite duo in movies or books?
7. Queen of Hearts- Who is someone in movies or books that should be lovely but is really a villain?
8. Caterpillar- Do you have a poet or philosopher who inspires you or makes you think?
9. Eat Me- Favorite cookie
10. Drink Me- Favorite drink- alcoholic or regular
11. Would you rather be very large or very small?
12. What’s a book or movie that made you cry oceans?
13. Jaberwocky- Favorite mystical creature from book or movie
14. What cinematic version of Alice do you prefer best? Burton/Animated/Other?
15. What is your favorite character in Alice in Wonderland?
16. If someone asked you to pitch an Alice in Wonderland movie/TV show what would you suggest?
17. Why do you think Alice in Wonderland has remained so popular for so long?
18. If you could go to Wonderland would you and what would you most want to see?
Hi friends! I hope you are all doing well. I’ve gotten to an interesting point in my life where I spend a lot of time formulating, writing/filming, and crafting my … Continue reading Compliments for the Opinionated