(Started this last night. Now some of you are seeing the guest post I thought you might like to learn a little more about me)
Ok. So its 2:33 but it will probably be 3 by the time I am done writing this. It helped me to get to sleep yesterday to write so I thought maybe it would do the same today. What do you have to lose?
So today sometime my guest post will be added to http://littleferrarokitchen.com/ and I’m pretty excited. It will be fun to open myself to a new audience, and I’m super proud with how it turned out! I thought on the off chance that people check out my blog from reading the post on her blog I would take some time and introduce myself.
First of all, I have been blogging for going on 6 years and I’ve done over 748 posts on everything from recipes I like to religion, to movies. When I was a little girl my sister and I would make newspapers that covered politics, movies, and current events. We even drew comics for them.
I am currently working on the nanowrimo challenge and almost done! I am also a homeowner and social media purveyor as they like to say. You can follow me on instagram and twitter at @smilingldsgirl. Please introduce yourself to me. Let’s be friends.
I have bolded any links below so if you want to learn more about a particular topic click on it and read a post. Share your feedback. Thanks for reading!
So here is the 411 on Rachel
- What’s your name? Rachel Wagner
- How do you spend your days? I work as an accounting clerk for Poler at www.polerstuff.com
- Have you always lived in Utah? Nope. I grew up in Maryland, but have also lived in Indiana and California. I’ve lived in Utah for most of my adult life.
- What are some of your hobbies? I love open water swimming (7 races done!), blogging, writing, reading, party planning , movies and subscription boxes!
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? That’s a tough one. There was a time on my mission when we had worked so hard in the bitter cold and the RS Pres made us breakfast for dinner with hot cocoa. It was like gold.
Another meal that comes to mind is when I made spaghetti and meatballs for my friends in 2013 and decided I needed to make some major changes in my life because the food was so good. No joke
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Hawaii. Always Hawaii. North Shore. Oahu.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given? I’m a pretty good gift giver but this was one of my best. Also last year I got my Dad Lord of the Rings in German and he really loved it. When my sister got engaged I made her a cookbook of all the recipes I’d made for her when we were roommies. She still has it uses it so that was a good one
- And what’s the best gift you’ve ever received? I’d have to say on my mission I had a companion from the Philippians and she didn’t have a ton of money. My parents sent us a tiny Christmas tree in the mail and gifts for both of us.
- What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don’t have already)? I’m an ok singer. I wish I was a great singer
- What is/was your favorite subject in school? In high school it might have been drama. In college definitely political philosophy.
- What’s the biggest problem facing the world right now? So many…the secularization of schools and the distancing of overall life from religion. More detailed thoughts on politics and such can be seen at- interview 1, interview 2, interview 3
- If you alone could solve it, how would you do it? Be a missionary forever!
- What’s your dream job? Teaching at BYU
- If you had to choose only one: cat or dog? Neither but if I had to chose I’d pick a small dog like a goldendoodle. I have a bit of an animal phobia so that is never going to happen.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time? So hard to pick just one but if I did I’d have to pick Up. My five favorite films
- Aside from food, water, and shelter, what one thing could you not go a day without? Prayer (cheesy answer but its true!)
- In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve? Talking to machines and giving them all this information than a human finally comes on the phone and you explain it all over to them.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hey I have a 30 year mortgage so I’ll be in Draper. I’d like to think I’d be married but probably not. Probably just living here with tenants and a roommate and making the most out of my life.
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years? 30 years is more interesting because then I’ll be close to retiring and can be a missionary for my church for the rest of my life. That would be my dream if I don’t get married. . 20 years I will probably be doing the same thing I am doing now but hopefully still swimming and singing and blogging. I can think of worst lives and you never know Mr. Sunshine could finally make an appearance.
What do you want to know about me? Ask me some questions!
So that is a little intro. I think I’m a pretty interesting person so check out the blog and get to know me a bit better. Thanks!