So last Thanksgiving I posted 25 things I am thankful for– a list enompssing all of the easy gratitudes including family, friends, music, work, my apartment and more. I have decided to make this a tradition, so each year it will get increasingly difficult but hopefully more meaningful as well. To aid in this endeavour I have also been posting a “Today I am thankful for..” facebook status each day for the last month or so. Here goes!
I am grateful for…
1. Anna being in Utah. We have spent a ton of time together and I’ve enjoyed all of it!
2. Festival of Trees- I love the opportunity I’ve had this year to volunteer.
3. Visits from and with friends- this year I have been able to see Raelene, Emily (3 times!), Julia and Camille to name a few.
4. Visiting teachers- Mine come and it is great!
5. Hot tubs. Nothing more relaxing.
6. Creative movies- this year has been particularly rich with Up, 500 days of summer, and Where the Wild things Are.
7. Literacy- I can’t contemplate a life without reading.
8. My computer- sometimes I feel glued to it but its hard to imagine life without it.
9. Great teachers- I had some fantastic ones growing up and in college.
10. Financial security with an uncertain time.
11. Priesthood blessings. It is a power that is so comforting.
12. Greek and Icelandic yogurt. Delicious, creamy and low in calories.
13. Cute accessories- I love making an outfit special.
14. My Madame Alexander doll collection.
15. Reality Television- I know it is scripted and ridiculous but I still enjoy it. Particularly Project Runway.
16. Great Roommates- I have been blessed this year with Sunnie and Jenni.
17. A perfect starry sky. Now I just need to find someone to share it with!
18. Successful parties. I have had enough bad ones to be grateful for the ones that work!
19. Board games- favorites are Cranium, Scategories, Scrabble and Boggle.
20. Flu shots and antibacterial gel/lotion. I hate being sick!
21. Loving Grandparents that I have had the privilege of spending time with and knowing.
22. My cousins- particularly the ones I am closest too. My parents always made it a priority for us to spend time together.
23. The Ocean. I will live by the ocean sometime in my life.
24. The Prophet- President Thomas S. Monson.
25. Temple covenants and the comfort of knowing I will be with my family forever.
There are so many blessings I can’t begin to list them all. Next year I am sure I will have a whole new set! I love you all and am thankful for your support this year. Happy Thanksgiving!