I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends. To celebrate the day here are some things I am thankful for:
1. My family- every last one of them.
2. My sisters- I know they are my family but I don’t know what I would do without my sisters.
3. My adorable nieces
4. A job I actually enjoy- the Lord has been very good to me in that regard this year.
5. My apartment- I love it!
6. My testimony of Jesus Christ and the LDS church
7. Hawaii- I’m going back next summer- wahoo!
8. Amazing friends- my friends helped me through a hard year in 2007 and have helped me regroup in 2008. I am grateful for their love, support and patience. I couldn’t have made it alone.
9. Books- my escape. I love book clubs too!
10. Travel-including the travel I am doing next month 2008 has been a good year for travel with 4 trips to Cali, Easter in Colorado, 1 Vegas trip next month, an Indiana trip, and of course Hawaii!
11. Live theater and concerts- this year I saw Jack Johnson and tons of live theater. Some highlights were Annie Get Your Gun at Hale West Valley and Aidia at Hale Orem.
12. Television- Yes I know I am evil. I like TV especially How I Met Your Mother, Dancing with the Stars, the Simpsons, Amazing Race, American Idol, the Office, Project Runway, the Big Bang Theory, and more…
13. Good movies- the best that I saw this year were probably Walle and Mamma Mia (still haven’t seen the Dark Knight!).
14. Creative classes- I have thoroughly enjoyed my cake decorating and cooking classes. Some day I would like to add some art classes to the mix.
15. Graduation- I loved going to school, but I am also grateful to have finished my MBA this year.
16. Telephones- I am particularly grateful to my mother and sister who I talk to most days. They have cheered up many a lonely evening.
17. Yummy meals that just hit the spot!
18. Lunches with friends.
19. NPR- it keeps me company most of the day.
20. Music- I can’t imagine heaven without music. I LOVE my Ipod. It is never far from me. Some new artists I discovered this year are Priscilla Ahn, a Fine Frenzy (thank you Anna), Susan Cagle, Brandi Carlile, Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Calliet, Madeline Peyroux, Amy Obenski, Missy Higgins and of course David Archuleta!
21. Facebook- I have reconnected with a lot of friends this year through facebook. I am actually quite grateful for it.
22. My voice lessons. I would give up a meal a day before I’d give up my lessons. Thank you to my patient and wonderful teacher Amanda. She’s the best. I am working right now for a recital on Dec 19th!
23. My mission- it still inspires me each day to do and be better- not because of me but because of the way the Lord used me. He did it once, He can do it again.
24. Health- I have been nursing a cold for a week now and am so grateful for good health when I have it.
25. Finally, I am grateful for my blog and the outlet it gives me. Thanks to all of you who read my ramblings and give me positive feedback!
So, that’s my list. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Thank you for all you do for me. God bless you.